As I mentioned in my previous blog post on my Essentials for Social Quarantine, one of my new found passions to past time is Baking! Specifically baking healthy-ish treats! Today I’m sharing my Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Bread recipe! I’ve made this recipe two days in a row, and its a hit for my family. I love banana bread, and I love even more than I can incorporate healthy ingredients, to make this treat guilt-free!
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Gluten-free/ Vegan
- 3 medium ripe Bananas
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil (coconut oil works as well)
- 1/4 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 2-3 Tbsp maple syrup (honey works too)
- (3) 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- (1) 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- (1) 1/4 cup almond meal
- (1) 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and grease thoroughly with vegan butter (regular works too) a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Mash all bananas in a large bowl. Add all ingredients through almond milk and whisk vigorously to combine. Last add dry ingredients: almond meal, gluten-free flour blend and oats, and stir.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. You’ll know its ready when the top is golden and slightly cracked.
- Let the bread cool for 15 minutes before cutting. THIS STEP IS SUPER IMPORTANT!
- Serve with your choice of honey or butter. Store the rest in the fridge for up to a few days.